Monday, March 8, 2010

Moved to Tears

I have written posts in my head all weekend. I have several going at once. Unfortunately, I am not living in my head but in reality. And in reality, I am barely hanging on with very little sleep. So the posts will have to wait.

We did fine this morning. Ironically, we typically get to school sooner than usual when we take child 4 to his school. I guess I build more time into the schedule, so we end up running ahead of schedule. Now saying that, I could oversleep tomorrow. You never know. (I am thankful that he did NOT cry when I left him. He was just chilled...)

We (Me and the three) always pray on the way to school. Usually it is me praying (yes, I do leave my eyes open since I am driving), asking for blessings upon the kids' days and their work. This morning I asked my oldest to pray for MeMe. And then I cried all the way through the prayer.

I have been concerned (obviously) about my mother-in-law and the severity of the surgery. But I hadn't really let myself stop and think about it. It reminds me of the day I was sliding down a mountain sideways (on ice) in my car as a teenager. I remained calm during the process. Then we stopped at the bottom of the hill. It was only when we stopped that I realized the graveness of the situation. And I dissolved into a puddle of tears.

Same thing this morning. I was fine. I was praying and asked others to pray. But it wasn't until I got Mark's text that the surgery was over (very quickly) that the tears really fell. I finally went down to my oldest's classroom to let him know. I called him out into the hallway then burst into tears. Thankfully he knows me well enough to know what that means.

So, just to warn you. If you see me out in public and I tear up, it isn't you. It is me. Just plain ole tired me.
Reba

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that everything went well and hopefully she will have a smooth recovery! Our God is so good! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear that everything went well. Tears of relief are a good thing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear everything went well...praying for a speedy recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you as your information.

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom