For whatever reason, I found several books all at the same time I want to read. So I broke one of my own rules and started reading them all. I typically only read one at a time.
One book is called The Best Yes.
Another book is called Live Well, Spend Less.
And the third book is called One Thousand Gifts.
So far I am enjoying all three, though I have a feeling there will be some growing pains (for me) as I read more of them.
Anyway, in the book One Thousand Gifts, the author keeps a gratitude journal.
I started thinking about how I love my Thankful Thursdays.
And then I realized a gratitude journal was just what I wanted to do to.
Partly because I do have so much to be grateful for.
And partly because I need to be reminded of what I have to be grateful for.
Because I sometimes struggle.
Maybe not sometimes.
Maybe a lot of times.
Here is a sampling of what I have added to my gratitude journal thus far (and is my Thankful Thursday post as well):
- Fun notepads (a Christmas gift from Child 3) to use for a gratitude journal
- A clear and organized kitchen counter
- Fuzzy warm slippers on my feet on a cold night
- Reading glasses that magnify the words on a page
- Pressing the snooze button for just a few more minutes of rest
- Outside recess
- Sushi dates with my husband
- The quiet of the house when I am the first one awake
- My new Wow Hits CD
- Journaling with my daughter to learn more about who she is
- A sweet memory text from my sister out of the blue
- The look of complete adoration of Marley's face as she waits for me to pet her
- Melted butter on a warm roll
- The sweet spirit of forgiveness
- A gift of medicine samples from the doctor
What are you grateful for this week?