Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day of Rest

Each day on Facebook for the month of January, I am naming a "goal" for 2015. I don't like using the word "resolution" but I guess they are...resolutions to improve myself.

Today's goal for the year?

To truly keep Sunday as a Day of Rest.

Last year in our Sunday School, we went through the Ten Commandments. Of course, one of the commandments is to keep the Sabbath Day holy.

I have read that a hundred times. A thousand times. 

But have I ever truly thought about what that meant?

I talked to some others in our class about what that means to them.

I have read opinions on it.

I have prayed about it.

And I still don't really know.

But I do know that it is a goal for me.

Even if I am not sure what it looks like.

So yesterday (Saturday), instead of being the lazy bum I can tend to be, I got up. I went to school for a bit. I ran to the grocery store. I worked on lesson plans (a typical Sunday event).  I did some cleaning/organizing.  I was pretty tired by the time I fell into bed last night.

Today I have been to church.  Read part of a book I have wanted to read. Gone out to lunch with my crew. Enjoyed a nap.  Watched a movie with the little ones (half watched...it wasn't my favorite movie). We typically have family game night but a couple family members had places to be, so we went for the movie instead.  And now I am just chillaxin', preparing for the week with a little rest.

I have not done any household chores (the dishes are stacking up in the sink).  I have a stack of report cards to tend to...they will wait for tomorrow.  And I haven't run errands.

And I have enjoyed every minute.

I am not sure what future "days of rest" will involve (other than hopefully hiking when the weather warms up a bit).

But I am going to spend the year trying to figure it out!

Reba




No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom