Monday, January 12, 2015

Family Goal Week 2

I just started reading a book yesterday called One Thousand Gifts.

I had heard others rave about it so I took the plunge.

And I started reading.

And reading.

And reading.

I am only partway through and have enjoyed every word. Even the convicting ones.

The book is all about gratitude.  Even in the tough times.

If you have read any of my Thankful Thursdays, I am pretty big on this topic anyway.

But the book has stirred a new passion in me for gratitude.

Which inspired our family goal for this week (all centered around our family word "considerate").


Week 2 Rule:
It is considerate to use manners. When you do, you are thinking of others. This week’s goal is to say thank you daily, whether it is for small things (someone sharing a pencil, someone opening the door for you) or for big things (someone being your friend, someone listening to you when you are upset).  Make sure to say thank you to two people each day this week.  Be prepared to share each night.

Knowing I have to share every night sure does inspire/motivate me!  Out of my crew, only one child could only think of one "thanks" for the day on our first day of sharing. Everyone else had at least two people they had thanked and could share why they thanked them.

So I want to challenge you.

Make a point to say "thanks" tomorrow.

Today I said thanks for little things (like someone letting me make a copy of a paper I needed) and for big things (like e-mailing one child's coach to say thanks for pushing my child to do his/her best).  

Not only is it considerate.  

It also shows gratitude.

And, really...can't the world use a little more of that?

Thanks for reading today!

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom