Friday, January 23, 2015

Thankful Thursday (Even Though It's Friday)

I had such good intentions of writing this post up last night. I really did.  I got to this page (the blank post) and pretty much fell asleep at the wheel. Or in this case, the computer. Hubby has been out of town the last couple of nights, so I have been the sole chauffeur, cook, disciplinarian, etc. on top of my daytime job.  I am wiped out. 

But even in my exhaustion, I have much to be grateful for.

Here are some highlights from my gratitude journal for this past week...
  • The bare trees silhouetted against the endless blue sky, not a cloud to be seen
  • Buds on the bare trees that remind me new life will come again
  • Walking around the track after school, enjoying the 50 degree temperatures (in January!), enjoying the solitude after a busy day
  • A stack of good books to read
  • Answered prayer
  • Fellowship with other Christian ladies
  • Turning my alarm off on a Saturday morning
  • Waking up next to my husband
  • A meal with my mom and my kids
  • My oldest child's sense of humor
  • Doing my quiet time with a chocolate/peanut butter shake in one hand while the stinky dog gnaws her elk bone next to me
  • Rocking a newborn baby as he sleeps
  • Reaching 10,000 steps in a day
  • Family game night
  • My husband's fingers brushing against mine
  • Pastel ribbons of light stretched across the sky as the sun rises
  • Walking in the sunshine with a friend
  • The American flag (and all it represents) silhouetted against the blue sky
  • The whole family gathered around the table for dinner
  • The brilliant colors of the sky as the sun sets
  • Watching birds soar in the sky
  • The soothing sound of our dishwasher cleaning our dirty dishes 
  • The glowing lights of a cross sign peeking through the brush alongside the highway
  • Finishing a puzzle with my daughter (even though we still can't find three pieces)
  • The shimmering sight of the frost against the earth in the early morning
  • A love note left by my sink, left by my husband before he went out of town
  • A bottle of white sand representing a promise
  • A mom who helps with the kids when my husband is gone
  • Finding out about a couple of random acts of kindness performed by some of our children (with no fanfare)
So....
what are you grateful for this week?

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom