Sunday, May 23, 2010

Knotty, Knotty

Do you ever get knots in your stomach? Like in the very pit? The kind where you feel a little bit nauseated but you aren't really sure why? The kind where things just don't feel right, but you cannot explain what is wrong? Hopefully at this point, you are nodding your head, thinking, "Sure, Reba, feel that all the time..." If you aren't, at least pretend so I think you can identify with what I am saying.

That is where I find myself today. I have felt "sick" to my stomach all night long. I don't think it is just one thing but rather a combination of things contributing to the knots I feel.

When I mentioned it on Facebook, immediately I got responses that others truly do feel that too at times. And I received some urges to pray. So that is what I need to do.

In case you want to join in, here are a few requests...
  • A friend of mine needs prayer. I cannot say for what, nor who it is. But God knows. And this is a bring you to your knees kind of prayer. Please.
  • Parenting. Our youngest is like I said, "All boy". He is also "all toddler". We need guidance in how to parent him while not squashing who he is. We are exploring some decisions with the best way to parent another child and covet prayers for that too. Then just general guidance for one as he moves on to middle school and another as she begins to enter that stage between childhood and the teen years...A lot of changes going on!
  • End of school. I cannot say it any other way. I am buried this time of year. I have so many things to get done in so little time. Please pray for me to wisely use my time so everything does get done while I maintain our home/family too...
  • The family of little Chrissie. I do not know this family but found her website not long ago. She was a little girl, adopted from Serbia, who came home to her forever family last fall with some serious health issues. She recently had open heart surgery and passed away after some complications. I watched/listened to her memorial service on-line today...beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl. If you can get past the tears, I encourage you to read some of her mother's recent entries. A good mix of motherhood/adoption and a very strong faith.
  • Our friends, the "T" family. They started an adoption of a little boy (who isn't so little anymore) around the time we started with child 4. Their case got caught up in the transition of Guatemalan adoptions, and now, almost three years later, they are still waiting. They are nearing the end. Please pray for that final paperwork to process so they can bring him home.
  • Another set of friends, the "M" family, recently brought home a son from Guatemala (very similar situation to the one above). He is 8 or 9 years old. What a transition he faces! On top of that, their family has a new baby (biological) who has had a rough week of illness. Please pray for their comfort, his healing, and their time together uniting as an expanded family.
  • Decisons regarding child 4 for next year
  • Placements for next year...soon the teachers will divide classes. I just pray that our children will have the teachers that are just right for them. I also covet wisdom as I work on placing my own students that I will place wisely.
  • Please pray for a friend of mine who recently lost her adult son. Children are children no matter the age. Pray for some peace and comfort as she navigates a new normal.

I know there are several other prayer requests out there. Please feel free to throw in your own.

Thanks for listening!

Headed to bed...

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom