Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Lost

You may think I am referring to a certain television show. Sorry to disappoint, I am not. I never watched that show, so I couldn't even pretend that is what I was talking about even if I wanted to. (I rarely add new shows to our repertoire around here...I don't get much t.v. time)

Anyway, I e-mailed Mark and asked him if I could "work late". Unfortunately, he still had to work his regular time, but when he got home, I took off for the bedroom, locked the door (I think it took less than five minutes for someone to try opening it), and started working on paperwork that really needed to be done. My to do list for the end of the year is REALLY long. He handled dinner, bathtime, books, bedtime, etc, while I worked. I did take a short dinner break. Or maybe it was a breakfast break since I had cereal. Anyway, as usual, I digress.

One of the projects I worked on involved notes for a book study I have done at school all year. I had started the notes at school and sent them to myself via e-mail to finish them up before we present them on Thursday. I worked on them off and on all night. When I finally finished, I closed it out so I could e-mail it back to my school e-mail to print up there. It asked me if I wanted to save and I did. Unfortunately, I forgot to save with a 2 letter word..."as" as in "save as". Apparently it saved it to a temporary file. And apparently temporary means just that. Temporary. As soon as I realized I didn't see it (within seconds), I panicked. I did a google search. I put an update on Facebook. Got all kinds of advice, most good I think. Unfortunately, the advice works for other people. Not for me. A friend of mine who is an IT guy accessed my computer remotely to see if he could find it. No luck. I felt bad for him as he presented the bad news. It is gone. All gone.(By the way, I am not happy with Microsoft...when a girl is "saving", she really wants that document saved! Even if she forgets the "save as".)

Sigh. Sigh again. I couldn't wait to cross that off the to do list. Now I can't. Or maybe I can. Maybe, just maybe, I will turn in the notes I have, explain what happened, and hope for the best. Maybe I will...

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom