Thursday, May 27, 2010

Oh, Mother Goose

I am pretty sure if Mother Goose lived here, she would have written her little nursery rhymes a bit differently...

There was an old lady (or at least she felt that way)
Who lived in a house full (of clutter and children)
She had such a long to do list
She didn't know what to do (first)!

She stayed up late
And worked her way through the night...
When summertime finally came (it will come, right?),
she was completely out of sight. (Because she was in bed, collapsed with utter exhaustion of course)

Hickory dickory dock,
I am working against the clock.
The clock strikes one,
I am nowhere near done...
Hickory dickory dock.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How I see just what you are
That's because I am still up at night
Though I try not to with all of my might
Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
How I see just what you are!

Little Miss Reba
Sat down on a chair (because nothing really rhymes with Reba)
Listening to cries
Of how life is not fair.
Kids buzzed around her
With plenty of things to say (loudly and all at once)
Frightening Poor Momma away!

Mama Cloud had quite a clan, quite a clan, quite a clan
Mama Cloud had quite a clan
That followed her everywhere.

They followed her all around the house, all around the house, all around the house,
They followed her all around the house
Some days it was more than she could bear.

Oh, yes, she really did love them so, love them so, love them so
Oh, yes, she really did love them so
She just wanted once in a while to be alone.

Maybe Mother Good was right. She probably wouldn't have made it far in life in my household with my rhymes.

But for just a minute, I wasn't thinking about my to do list (longer than the trail of socks in our house). For just a minute, I got to just be.

Thanks for listening!
Reba

2 comments:

  1. You're so clever! ;) I don't know how you can even think clearly enough to come up with those, with all you have to do. Glad you got a minute to do some creative relaxation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) ha! LOL! OMG! and all those other texting acronyms!!! I LOVE your nursery rhymes! So funny!! Thanks! I needed that laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom