Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Falling Asleep at the Wheel...

Of my computer mouse. :) That was me last night. I was laying in bed, snug in my fuzzy robe, wrapped up in my electric throw, computer on my lap, dozing off. I would wake up for a few minutes, drowsily stare at the screen, then promptly fall back asleep. I don't know if it was my lack of sleep the night before. (There is that vicious cycle...I LOVE Sunday naps but then cannot sleep on Sunday nights, throwing my whole week off...) Or maybe it was my Wii Active workout which was more of a workout than I have done in a long time. It was squats and lunges day. Oh my. Have I ever admitted I was not an athlete in school? I do remember watching basketball players do things like "sit on the wall". Didn't understand the purpose of it then, and still don't now. :) The only good thing was that my kids were watching me while I did it. And they heard me say, "Oh, no, more squats?" Then they saw me do it anyway. And that is exactly what I want them to learn! It could just be the normal fatigue of being a mom, a teacher, a wife. I don't know. I just know that I could not stay awake. And I am not exactly hopping out of bed this morning!

Quick update: Mark's mom got her test results. The levels weren't as high as the doctor's originally thought. She has a follow up next week and surgery will be planned then. Of course, they won't know much more until surgery but it sounds like the doctors are feeling a lot more positive about everything.

Another quick update: I don't think I ever mentioned that by the end of last week, my friend Jill posted that her husband Jeremy's test results (follow up to colon cancer) came back benign! (He had had some polyps removed during his follow up tests that the doctors were concerned about) Such a praise!

Since I didn't get on yesterday, I didn't get to say..."Happy birthday, Bonnie!"

If I weren't running so late, I would post links above. But for now, I must go face the day.

More later,
Reba

1 comment:

  1. Praise God about Mark's Mom. Get to bed earlier. You do wayyyyyy to much!

    ReplyDelete

Sweet Words of Wisdom