Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gratitude Journal

I am not a die hard Oprah fan. In fact I have watched very few of her shows. However, I have read a little about the "gratitude journal" she encourages others to keep (I am guessing she has done the same) where every day you take time to remember a few things you are grateful for. I have a hard enough time keeping up with house, kids, etc. but I do like the idea (which to me is just a take off of the song "Count Your Blessings...". So I thought I would do that here. It may not happen every day but I do want to remember some things I am grateful for. There are SOOO many things I can list, but I am going to stick with 3 for time's sake. Here are my three from yesterday:

1. Child 2. I am grateful for the way she entertains and plays with the little ones, especially when I am trying to cook dinner. I rarely ask her to do it. She just does. And I am so very grateful! Sometimes I am not so sure she couldn't step in and take my place!

2. Warm chocolate chip cookies straight from the oven. I can't be grateful for those very often or I will weigh a whole lot! But once in a great while, it is a treat! (Unfortunately those will become even rarer because today I am starting "Biggest Loser" at school. :()

3. Kisses and love from Child 4. He has been in a kissing mood. He gives very deliberate kisses on the cheek or arm. Last night he kept kissing my cheek and sweetly said, "Mommy, you no smell..." Since he said it so tenderly, I think it was a compliment. :)

Well, my time is short and I must get ready for school. Hopefully today I won't walk outside to find the snow falling...that was quite a surprise yesterday! I am more hopeful that my next gratitude journal will be about the warm temperatures we have this afternoon. And that soon that snow is long gone. I have had enough for the whole year. :)

Reba

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Words of Wisdom